A Reliable Illinois DUI Lawyer Seeks a Monitoring Device Driving Permit for You
Aggressive representation to help you keep your driving privileges
If your DUI charge is a first-time offense, you have a variety of options that may help you stay on the road. One of these involves obtaining a Monitoring Device Driving Permit (MDDP). Mark Battaglia, P.C. seeks an MDDP on your behalf so that you can avoid the inconvenience of losing your driving privileges. With more than a decade of experience in criminal and drunk driving law, Cook County attorney Mark Battaglia understands the arguments he must make on your behalf to ensure the court issues this permit. Throughout your case, he keeps you comfortable by providing caring, personal service that reassures you about your prospects for success.
The benefits of an MDDP
Perhaps the most inconvenient Illinois DUI penalty for a first-time DUI offender is a license suspension. An MDDP grants you relief from that suspension, so long as you are eligible. When you receive your permit, you must install a Breath Alcohol Ignition Interlock Device (BAIID) in your vehicle, which requires you to give yourself a Breathalyzer® test before you start your vehicle. If you fail the test, your vehicle cannot start. It is extremely important that you obtain your BAIID immediately, as driving while on a BAIID program without the device installed could land you in prison and leave you subject to huge fines.
To receive an MDDP, you must fulfill certain requirements. Mark Battaglia ensures you meet the criteria, which include:
- You must be over 18 to be eligible for an MDDP.
- You must have a BAIID installed and maintained on any vehicle you drive during your suspension period. This includes vehicles that you rent or borrow.
- You must have completed 30 days of your suspension. MDDPs do not go into effect until the 31st day of the suspension.
- You must have a valid driver’s license and not have been responsible for a death or serious injury as a result of your DUI. This includes previous offenses of reckless homicide or aggravated DUI.
- You must pay all fees associated with the MDDP and the BAIID.
Mark works hard to help clients in and out of the Chicago metro area. With Mark, you get personalized attention. Your case is never passed off to other lawyers; Mark ensures your protection himself.
Work with a lawyer in Cook County, Illinois for DUI defense
Call Mark Battaglia, P.C. today at 708-330-4074 or get in touch with him online to schedule a consultation. Mark understands the anxiety you feel after your DUI arrest and pledges personal attention throughout your case. He also answers his phones at all times and meets with you in person to keep you constantly connected.