CALL FOR A CONSULTATION 708-330-4074 708-330-4074

Guardianship / Powers of Attorney

Sometimes our loved ones need help managing their personal or financial affairs. There are a number of devices available to families to help them take care of elderly relatives or those with special needs.

A guardianship case requires the filing of a petition in Court and carries with it the possibility of litigation. If a judge finds that the alleged disabled person is in need of a guardian he will appoint one, usually the person filing the petition. This action may require the appointment of another attorney to represent the alleged disabled person (called a guardian ad litem).

If the alleged disabled person is capable of at least a limited understanding of the law, a power of attorney might be a simpler and more affordable route. A consultation with Mark Battaglia can help you determine what the best course of action would be if you have a family member or loved one who needs help with the day-to-day management of his or her property.