Partner With a Relentless Criminal Defense Attorney in Chicago, IL
Don’t let the stress of a criminal charge keep you up at night. Criminal defense attorney Mark Battaglia is here to provide legal advice and support you during this challenging time. As a Chicago, IL-based criminal lawyer, he has spent his career defending clients against felony charges. With more than 20 years of experience in the courtroom, Mark Battaglia has helped countless individuals like you get back on their feet after facing criminal charges.
If you’re looking for an attorney who understands the law and will fight on your behalf, call Mark Battaglia today!
Mark’s Mission Is to Mission to Zealously Defend Criminal Defense Cases
As your criminal defense lawyer, Mark can assist with:
- Murder: The steaks are never higher than when an individual is accused of taking another’s life. The prosecution will have their best attorneys on the case. You need the same. With an assortment of associates and expert witnesses, Mark is prepared to mount a full and thorough defense.
- Sexual Assault: Skilled examination of the complaining witness is critical to winning these cases. Mark’s extensive trial experience makes him the ideal criminal attorney by your side when your accuser takes the stand and tries to settle an old score.
- Unlawful Use of a Weapon / Firearm Offenses: With gun violence ravaging the city, elected officials are looking for a scapegoat. Don’t become a statistic they can use. Let Mark Battaglia use his knowledge of the law and police procedure to try and get evidence thrown out or suppressed or beat the case head-on.
- Assault and Battery: From aggravated felonies to simple bar fights, Mark knows how to employ affirmative defenses and the confusion surrounding these events to his advantage.
- Domestic Violence: There are always two sides to domestic disputes. And frequently, one side is out for revenge or to gain leverage in a family law case. Mark Battaglia has handled these types of cases on every level. He knows the games played by petitioners and their attorneys. Protect your reputation and your family.
- Felonies: Felonies are crimes that carry a sentence of over one year in the penitentiary. These cases have tougher penalties but also unforeseen consequences for individuals who receive light sentences such as probation. Your ability to secure employment, find housing, obtain a loan, own a gun, or even stay in this country could be affected in ways you did not think about. Meticulous preparation, a thorough understanding of the law, and compassionate counseling are necessary to guide the client through the perils of the criminal justice system.
- Misdemeanors: Less consequential for your background, but not to be taken lightly, misdemeanors are crimes that carry a sentence of less than one year in the county jail. Mark Battaglia can safely guide you through the process at an affordable rate so you can safely put your troubles behind you.
- Asset Forfeiture: When money, vehicles, or real estate are found close to drugs or other contraband, the government can petition the court to confiscate your property. The burden is on the defendant to prove that their property was obtained legitimately. Mark Battaglia has handled hundreds of asset forfeiture cases at the state and federal levels. He has saved his clients millions in lost property.
- Expungement, Sealing, and Pardons: If a bad background keeps you from getting ahead, let Mark Battaglia file the petitions necessary to erase prior mistakes. Mark has litigated thousands of petitions for expungement and sealing. He has also petitioned the Governor of the State of Illinois for pardons and commutations and argued before the Prisoner Review Board on numerous occasions.
- Appeals: If you feel mistakes have been made at the trial level, you could be entitled to a reversal of the verdict, a new trial, or even an acquittal. Mark Battaglia has briefed both criminal and civil issues before the Appellate Court and has had his cases published.
Contact an Experienced Attorney Today
Whether you’re facing a misdemeanor or felony charge in Chicago, IL, the experienced criminal defense attorney at Mark Battaglia, P.C., can help you navigate the criminal justice system. Mark will work with you every step of the way to ensure your rights are protected and that your best interests are served. Don’t face the system on your own and fight for your rights today.